Pressure test? psssh! This dessert will wow:) My recipe is quick and easy. The trick is to measure and prep every ingredients so you can quickly combine once you get moving. This chocolate heaven is best served immediately out of the oven…(as you will appreciate if you watched episode 7 of season 3 of MasterChef) so plan your next dinner party or hot date accordingly! Also, the tastiness of this treat will entirely depend on the quality of the butter and chocolate that you choose- I love Valrhona 85% Pure Chocolate. Let me know your thoughts!
(makes 4x 6oz ramekins filled 3/4 full)
- 8 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 oz premium bittersweet chocolate, I like Valrhona 85% evenly chopped into 1/4″ squares
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- additional butter and granulated sugar for greasing and dusting ramekin
- Prep all ingredients in advance. You will thank yourself as you are pulling perfect Molten Lava Cakes out of the oven in 20 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Butter and dust 4x 6oz ramekins
- Combine eggs, yolks and sugar. Mix with whisk until light and thick.
- Combine butter and chocolate in double boiler over simmering water. Remove just before chocolate as completely melted. Continue stirring off heat until texture is flawlessly smooth
- Temper chocolate by dripping a few droplets of chocolate into egg mixture. Whisk vigorously. In a steady, slow stream all of melted chocolate into egg mixture, stirring constantly until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Gently fold in flour. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Divide batter among ramekins. Place on tray.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Delicately run a pairing knife down edge of ramekin and let sit 20-30 seconds before flipping onto desired serving dish.
- Dust with powdered sugar, sprig of mint, brandied cherries, etc! Cel-e-brate!