AJ and I are expecting a baby boy this October! I am finally lacing up my MasterChef boot straps and reclaiming my Brave Apron after months of “non bloggable” dishes. Thanks Annie’s Mac and Cheese and Trader Joe’s Corn Bread for getting me through the first few months- I’ll see you again in a couple years. Alas, I am ready to get back in the kitchen!
Last weekend my Mom and best friend Katie threw me an adorable Baby Shower. Love was pouring out of the details- from the hand cut Onesie Picks for the Appetizers to the blue and white trimmed flower vases and seasonal New England menu. My mom even traveled with a bassinet that she wove when she was pregnant with me in California 30 summers ago from Seattle to Boston that held center stage on a beautiful stand that AJ built. I was so touched by the time and personalization that went into the day.
- Caprese Skewers
- Watermelon Feta Bites with Mint and Balsamic
- Curried Chicken Salad Pita Pockets
- Mini New England Lobster Roll on Buttered Brioche
- Cupcakes from Sweet!
And in addition to the orange juice and peach nectar mixers for prosecco, there was a flute-worthy Pineapple Coconut “Mockmosa”!
- 3 cups Pineapple Juice
- 3 cups Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 6 cups Sparkling Water
- 1 lime, thinly sliced for garnish
- Combine Pineapple Juice, Coconut Water and Lime Juice. Fill an ice tray with juice mixture and slice of lime. Freeze.
- Chill remaining juice mixture until ready to serve. Combine juice mixture with sparkling water and remaining lime in punch bowl or pitcher. Serve in a fancy glass and enjoy:)