AJ shook up this rockin’ Mojito at the peak of summer last year. At the time, I was 28 weeks pregnant. (By omitting the rum, this drink makes a fantastic MOCK-tail that certainly delighted this Baby Mama!) Back by popular demand, and with rum in-tow this summer, we are ready to toast the sun, the beach, dining al fresco and our little boy Max!
Tip: Use cookie cutters to cut the watermelon into fun shapes! I had an event last weekend making “Magic Wand Fruit Kabobs” with over a 100 kids at the Northshore Mall. I saved a few stars and hearts to freeze and toss in these cocktails as “ice”. I used our Vitamix to puree the leftover Watermelon pieces so nothing went to waste…cocktail ready with enough left for tomorrow’s smoothie!
- 4 oz Watermelon Puree (for a refined texture, drain the watermelon puree through a cheese clothe), plus a couple pieces for garnish
- 6 Mint Leaves, coarsely chopped plus a Sprig for garnish
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Fresh Lime
- 4 oz Ginger Ale
- 2 oz White Rum
- Pulse Watermelon Puree with Mint and Sugar for 2 seconds in Vitamix or blender.
- Add Lemon and Lime juice. Pour into tumbler. Add Ginger Ale and Rum. Gently stir.
- Garnish with Mint and Watermelon Chunks. Aaahhh…Summer in a glass!
“Cheers” from Max!