Brave goes Barefoot and celebrates Fall with Ina Garten’s Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting and Toffee Crunch!
Yields 10 Cupcakes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
2 extra large eggs at room temperature
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Maple Frosting (recipe follows)
Toffee (like Heath Bar, Almond Rocca, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and line with decorative paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. In a large bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and combine, careful to not over-mix.
- Divide evenly over 10 prepared tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before dressing with Maple Frosting and Toffee “Lipstick”!
6 oz cream cheese at room temp
3 Tbs unsalted butter
1/4+ tsp Maple Flavor
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
Combine using an electric mixer with a paddle blade until smooth and creamy.