Part savory custard, part polenta, think of this as “Soufflé Americana”. Delicious and hearty, the corn meal is wonderful staple of the season. The chives and buttermilk brighten this nostalgic side and the goodness of Mediterranean Olive Oil in the Olivio Buttery Spread keep your heart health in mind. Now that is something to be thankful for:) Spoon this bread directly from the baker to your plate for a delicious Thanksgiving side that will belly up beautifully to your turkey and gravy!
- 1 cup + 3/4 cup lowfat Milk
- 1 cup Corn Meal
- 1 Tbs Olivio
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
- Butter a 9×5″ loaf pan with approx 1 Tbs Olivio Buttery Spread.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a medium sauce pan, scald 1 cup milk. Sprinkle in corn meal, whisking continuously. Add Olivio and salt.
- Off the heat, continue to whisk and slowly add buttermilk and the additional 3/4 cup milk. Stir in the baking soda, baking powder and eggs. Whisk until smooth and fold in seasonal herbs.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set (but still slightly jiggly) and the surface is lightly browned. Serve warm.