In the spirit of recipe development, Santa’s plate is loaded this year. I have always loved Russian Tea Cookies. Oh, how the buttery pecan balls imploding a burst of powdered sugar in my mouth pleases me so! Our Cardamom Almond Snow Balls are a variation of this Holiday favorite. Ground almond flour replaces the traditional pecans and the goodness of Olivio Buttery Spread sneaks in the healthy benefits of Olive Oil while still giving you the rich buttery flavor. A pinch of cardamom enlivens this cookie but feel free to add your own spice or let the cookie shine on its own. Ho! Ho! Ho!
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup (or 6oz) Olivio Buttery Spread
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour, sifted
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cardamom
- 2 cups Ground Almond Flour
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream Olivio Buttery Spread. Add sugar and continue to cream.
- Add whisked egg and vanilla. Continue to beat on medium until fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low and add flour and salt. Then add ground almond flour and continue to mix until dough forms a pull away from side (15-30 seconds).
- Shape dough into small balls about 1 ½” diameter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. While still warm, roll in powdered sugar. Allow to cool completely and store in a sealed container.