Eggs Benedict is synonymous with “Today is Special”! It is always my birthday breakfast of choice and what I lean to on the big holidays and special occasions. No surprise, it is on the menu this Christmas Morning (along with my favorite Stickiest Brioche Pecan Rolls)! But this year, in the interest of closing out 2014 on a note of good heart health, the decadent Hollandaise has been made with Olivio Buttery Spread and the goodness of Mediterranean Olive Oil. Imagine, slathering your poached eggs in rich buttery flavor that is made with the Olive Oil! Omega 3’s and a smile on your face… A happy belly and a happy heart certainly do make for a Merry Christmas!
OLIVIO’s Better Benedict Hollandaise Recipe
(yields approx. 1 cup)
- 3 Yolks
- 1 Tbs Water
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 6 oz Olivio Buttery Spread
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Combine yolks, water and lemon juice in a glass heat safe bowl. To make a double boiler, bring 3 inches of water to a light simmer in a medium sauce pan. Place the glass bowl with yolk mixture on top of sauce pan. Be sure that the simmering water does not touch the bowl.
- Whisk constantly. When you see a “kiss of steam” come from the egg mixture, you can be certain the eggs have cooked. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and begin adding Olivio, a tablespoon at a time. Continue to whisk until the Olivio Buttery Spread has emulsified and then season with a pinch of cayenne.
- Note: This Hollandaise sits well without separating. I like to add a Tbs of lemon juice to the sauce pan I used for double boiling the sauce to use for poaching the eggs. Set your Hollandaise aside, poach your eggs while you toast your English Muffins and sear your Canadian Bacon. Save yourself the time of waiting for a new pot of water to come to a simmer and spare a dish for clean up later!