If this drink could talk it would say, “I has hoping you would swing by!” This is a toast to AJ and some of our most fun times together, laughing and making plans for our future over Cava Sangria at Pipa in NYC. While I tried to weasel the exact recipe from the bartender without luck, this comes dangerously close…Dare I say, we may have just beaten Pipa at their own game! The key to a stellar pitcher is to give the fruit time to infuse with the Brandy, Peach Schnapps and Mint- I like to combine those ingredients in the AM. I add the Cava just before serving so it stays nice and bubbly!
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 beautiful sprigs of mint, plus more for garnish
- 750 ml of Cava, I like Cristalino Brut Cava which you can find for around $7.99 a bottle
- Combine brandy, peach schnapps, mango, strawberries and mint in Pitch up to 12 hours in advance. Chill, allowing to infuse.
- Just before serving, add Cava to brandy mixture.
- Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and whole strawberry!